We can all use a boost in the middle of the day, before a work out, or to just start the day. These energy bites are full of fruit and fiber and hit the spot.
This bowl is so pretty, it is hard to eat it! Just a reminder that even in the dark of winter, we can still enjoy delicious breakfast bowls that are healthy and light.
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp gluten free flour
- 4 tbsp chocolate or cacao nibs
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- Pinch sea salt
- Pinch red cayenne pepper
- Grease dish with coconut oil.
- Mix all ingredients except chocolate in blender until smooth.
- Gradually fold in chocolate.
- Bake 20 minutes at 375 °.
- Top with chocolate nibs while still hot.
- 2 tbsp. almond butter
- 1/2 banana
- 1/4 cup raspberries/blackberries (or whatever berries you have)
- 1/4 cup mango
- 2 tbsp. pomegranate seeds
- 1/2 tsp hemp seeds
- 1/2 tsp chia seeds
- 1/2 tsp toasted almonds
- 2 tbsp. coconut yogurt
- 2 coconut wraps
- orange zest for garnish
- Divide ingredients in half as recipe makes 2 wraps
- Spread almond butter on wrap
- Add fruit in layers, banana, then berries, then mango, pomegranate seeds
- Sprinkle hemp seeds, chia seeds, toasted almonds
- Top with tbsp. yogurt
- Roll wrap
- Garnish with orange zest
- 3 zucchini, cut in spiral, noodle shape
- 1/2 cup green onions
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 2 cups of baby kale
- 1/4 cup toasted almonds
- 1/2 sliced avocado
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked for 2 hours
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 organic lemon, with rind
- 5 cloves of garlic
- Add all ingredients to high speed blender and blend until completely smooth
- Mix all ingredients except kale, almonds, avocado and pomegranates in large salad bowl
- Add 1 cup of garlic cashew cream dressing, or less if going for a lighter version.
- Place zucchini salad mixture on bed of baby kale.
- Top with sliced avocado, pomegranate seeds and toasted almonds for a festive presentation.