Jackfruit Tortilla Soup is delicious when it's cold, really cold. And as much as I would like a nice green salad, I can't resist some soup... some hot and hearty soup. Here it is, Jackfruit Tortilla Soup.
Warm, comforting yet deliciously spicy.
This is vegan, gluten free, dairy free, and soul warming.
Jackfruit Tortilla Soup
- 1- 14 oz jackfruit 1 can, organic
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup red onion minced
- 1 cup corn frozen
- 4 cups vegetable broth organic
- 6 cups Power Greens kale chard and spinach
- 2 cups brown rice cooked, I use Seeds of Change precooked quinoa/brown rice
- 2 cups mango salsa
- ½ cup cilantro
- 2 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- ½ cup green onions
- 1 cup blue corn tortilla chips
- 1 avocado
- 4 tablespoon vegan yogurt
- Drain jackfruit and saute with onions in olive oil.
- Add spices.
- Add salsa, vegetable broth, greens and corn.
- Simmer for 25 minutes.
- Add cilantro and brown rice and stir.
- Serve in bowls and top with chopped cilantro, avocado slices, green onions, yogurt and blue corn tortilla chips.
Other recipes like Jackfruit Rice Tortilla Soup & Mango Salsa that you might enjoy: