7 Layer Casserole With Jalapeno Creme. If you are ready for a dish with flavor, fiber, and vitamins, this 7 Layer Casserole With Jalapeno Creme is all that, and more! It is quick, easy, and ready to serve to your hungry crowd in less than 30 minutes because the rice and beans are pre-cooked, and it only takes a few minutes to saute the mushrooms and greens.
I have had this dish several times...on one occasion, I served it cold, like a salad. The next time I served it, I heated it, and and served it like a buddha bowl. For another fun option, you could make delicious veggie tacos for Taco Tuesday. Honestly, the secret is the sauce. This dish is vegan, gluten free and dairy free. Enjoy!
7 Layer Casserole With Jalapeno Creme
7 Layer Casserole
- 2 cups of cooked brown rice or brown rice/quinoa mix I used Seeds of Change brown rice/quinoa
- 1 -15 oz can of black or red beans rinsed
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 2 cups fresh spinach or mixed greens
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup sliced cherry tomatoes
- ½ cup green onions
- 1 avocado sliced
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes
- Cilantro for garnish
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1 cup water
- 5 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoon jalapeno sauce
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- Saute mushrooms and spinach in olive oil. (This is optional if you are serving as a cold salad, but even in salad, I prefer my mushrooms and greens sauteed in this dish)
- Layer the rice, beans, greens, mushrooms, cherry tomatoes and green onions in 1 to 1.5 quart bowl. (If you are eating this bowl hot, proceed to saute rice, beans, tomatoes and green onions as well)
- Add all Jalapeno Creme ingredients to high speed blender and blend until smooth.
- Top with Jalapeno Creme, sliced avocado, red pepper flakes and cilantro.
- Serve either cold as a salad or warmed as a bowl.
Steps To Make 7 Layer Casserole With Jalapeno Creme:
More Recipes Like 7 Layer Casserole With Jalapeno Creme That You Might Enjoy
Check out more on Instagram.
This recipe, originally posted in 2017, was updated on September 3, 2018.