Black Bean Pasta Salad Instant Pot. When the weather is hot, we definitely want a delicious salad, but one that is more substantial than just lettuce or greens. This black Bean Pasta Salad Instant Pot is a great summer dish that is packed with flavor and nutrition. Starting with fresh juicy vegetables, we add (high protein) black bean pasta and top with a creamy avocado dressing. Summer salads never tasted so good!
I love to add black bean pasta to salads because black bean pasta is lower in carbs than flour/wheat based pasta, and adds a whopping 14 grams of protein to each serving. Additionally, in my quest to find the tastiest gluten free foods possible, black bean pasta is just one of the best. This salad combo is definitely more filling and satisfying than a salad with just greens.
To add fresh flavor to the pasta, we toss in spiralized zucchini, fresh juicy cherry tomatoes, homegrown leeks, olives and cranberries for a little sweet and a little savory combo. When you top it all with creamy avocado dressing, and toasted pine nuts, this salad will be a hit with your crowd, and leftovers are perfect for lunch. This recipe is vegan, vegetarian, gluten free and dairy free.
Can You Cook Pasta In The Instant Pot?
The answer is yes! In order to spend less time in the kitchen at the stove, my new favorite way to cook pasta is in the Instant Pot. Although pasta in the Instant Pot can be fickle, the black bean pasta is ready in 3 minutes if you time it just right.
You definitely have to pay attention to the pasta cooking directions whenever you are trying to cook pasta--I have had situations where it is overdone, and therefore mush, or underdone and too crunchy. There are different Instant Pot directions for different types of pasta, so be sure to research the specifics of the pasta that you are cooking.
Ingredients For Black Bean Pasta Salad
Take a quick look at the ingredients for your shopping list to be sure that you have everything that you need to make this pasta salad.
For the salad you will need:
Black bean pasta
For the dressing, you will need:
Tools used in this recipe:
Instant Pot-6 quart. Check out my review of my new favorite cooking tool.
Nutri Bullet “Veggie Bullet” Food Processor, Silver
Steps To Make Black Bean Pasta Salad
This pasta salad is not only healthy and delicious, it is so easy and quick to make. In 4 steps and 20 minutes you will have this beautiful dish on your table!
- Place your pasta in the Instant Pot with water. Cook on high pressure for 3 minutes and QR (quick release) the pressure. Rinse with cold water in colander.
- While you pasta is cooking, spiralize your zucchini and chop your other vegetables.
- Blend all dressing ingredients in high speed blender until smooth and creamy.
- Add cooled pasta, vegetables, cranberries and olives to large salad bowl. Top with toasted pine nuts and dressing.
Black Bean Pasta Salad-Instant Pot
Black Bean Pasta Salad
- 12 oz black bean pasta I used Trader Joe's Organic Black Bean Rotini
- 2 zucchini, spiralized
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- ½ cup chopped leeks
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- ¼ cup kalamata olives
- ¼ cup toasted pine nuts for garnish
- 1 ripe avocado
- ½ cup raw cashews
- 1 cup water add gradually to food processor
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cloves fresh garlic
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice or juice of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
Black Bean Pasta Salad
- Add pasta to Instant Pot with 4 cups of water. Cook on high pressure for 3 minutes. QR, quick release pressure. DO NOT cook for longer than 3 minutes or fail to release pressure immediately. (you will have bean soup) Drain pasta and rinse with cold water. If you are not cooking with an Instant Pot, cook pasta according to package directions.
- Spiralize zucchini, or if you don't have a spiralizer, shred with food processor.
- Slice cherry tomatoes and leeks.
- Add olives and dried cranberries
- Mix all ingredients together. Top with dressing and garnish with pine nuts.
- Blend all ingredients in high speed blender. Pour on pasta salad and mix.
Tips For Making The Best Black Bean Pasta Salad Instant Pot
- DO NOT cook pasta for longer than 3 minutes or fail to release pressure immediately. (you will have bean soup) Drain pasta and rinse with cold water.
- If you are not cooking with an Instant Pot, cook pasta according to package directions.
- You can also substitute lentil pasta in this dish for a high protein salad.
- The spiralized zucchini is so pretty in your salad, but if you don't have a spiralizer. As an alternative, you can shred your pasta in the food processor.
- This salad is perfect for left overs, but don't add the dressing until ready to serve. The creamy avocado dressing will stay fresh in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
More recipes like Black Bean Pasta Salad Instant Pot:
Updated September 2019
Black bean pasta salad look good. Healthy and delicious. I will try this. Thanks for sharing.
Thank you! I hope that you enjoy it:)