Everyone loves Mexican food, but the challenge is to find a healthy, vegan version that is still delicious. This Kale Enchilada With Persimmon recipe can be made with sautéed jackfruit and kale, or just as a mixed vegetable enchilada with persimmon and salsa. The sweetness of the persimmon makes it sweet and the salsa adds the spice--a perfect combo! Vegan, gluten free and dairy Free.
Kale Enchilada With Persimmon & Salsa
- 1 can organic jackfruit
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 6 cups spinach or greens
- 1 cup green onions
- 2 cups shredded zucchini or squash
- 2 persimmons sliced
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup vegan white cheese
- 2 cups salsa
- 12 corn tortillas
- ¼ cup of crushed blue corn tortilla chips
- Saute jackfruit, green onions and garlic in olive oil. Add sea salt.
- Lay out 12 corn tortillas, and layer as follow:
- jackfruit/onion mix
- kale or spinach
- slice of persimmon
- Roll tortilla and place in baking pan. Complete remaining enchiladas. Pour salsa on top and cover enchiladas.
- Cover wit foil, and bake at 375 for 45 minutes.
- Sprinkle with crushed blue corn tortilla chips and serve.
Other delicious main course meals like Kale Enchilada With Persimmon that you might enjoy: