Jamaican Jackfruit With Quinoa. Jackfruit is a perfect meat substitute that gives a recipe flavor and substance. This Jamaican combo with sweet potatoes, pineapple and banana is sweet and delicious and is ready in under thirty minutes. Vegan, gluten free and dairy free.
Jamaican Jackfruit With Quinoa
- 1 cup organic jackfruit 15 oz
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1-½ cup orange juice
- 2 large sweet potatoes peeled and chopped
- 1 cup of sliced pineapple
- 2 bananas sliced
- 2 cups of precooked quinoa/brown rice. I use Seeds of Change.
- toasted pistachios
- Saute jackfruit in olive oil. Add salt, pepper and granulated garlic.
- Cook sweet potatoes in microwave for 5 minutes.
- Add sweet potatoes to sauteed jackfruit.
- Add orange juice.
- Add pineapple
- Cook on medium heat-10-15 minutes or until sweet potatoes are completely cooked.
- Add bananas and heat for additional 2 minutes.
- Heat quinoa/brown rice separately and top with Jackfruit mixture.
- Sprinkle with toasted pistachios
More recipes like Jamaican Jackfruit With Quinoa:
For more photos, see Instagram
Check out my Foodgawker Gallery