Instant Pot Lentil Pasta With Kale Cauliflower Alfredo is seriously delicious and on your table in less than thirty minutes. The pasta cooks in 15 minutes and the cauliflower alfredo and kale are done in less than 15 minutes. Yes, it is that quick, that easy, that nutritious, and, incredibly tasty.
This dish is made with gluten-free pasta, the alfredo is made using cauliflower as a base and then add in some cooked kale for a completely gluten-free and tasty dinner.
Why lentil pasta? In addition to being gluten-free, the green lentil penne pasta that I used in this recipe has 7 grams of fiber and 14 grams of protein for an approximately 1 cup serving! When you compare to traditional flour pasta that has 2 grams of fiber and 8 grams of protein, it is an easy decision for me.
This dish is perfect for a quick dinner, and, despite all the hidden nutrition, the kids will love it. This recipe is vegan, gluten-free, and dairy-free.
I made this recipe in the Instant Pot 6 Quart Pressure Cooker. Check out my review of the Instant Pot, and see all the delicious recipes that I have made with this gadget that replaces 9 kitchen tools!
The Instant Pot is great for quick and easy meals like this one or like this Instant Pot spicy peanut chicken. You can even make breakfast meals in it! I've made vegan kefir and a quinoa berry breakfast bowl using my Instant Pot.
I definitely recommend investing in one if you are looking to save time cooking.
This Instant Pot lentil pasta with kale cauliflower alfredo is packed with fiber and protein and oh so delicious. All of the ingredients for this dish can be found at your local grocery store. Here is the shopping list for this dish.
- Lentil penne pasta - That is what I used, but you can use any pasta that you like.
- Minced cauliflower
- Horseradish mustard
- Sea salt
- Olive oil
- Nut milk - Almond and soy are great options for this recipe.
- Nutritional yeast - This can usually be found down the baking aisle, with the spices, or in the health food aisle.
- Garlic - I use packaged, pre-peeled garlic and it is less potent. If you use fresh from the bulb garlic, you may want to adjust and use less garlic.
In only 30 minutes you can have this Instant Pot lentil pasta with kale cauliflower alfredo on your table and ready to eat. It's so quick and easy to make and everyone is sure to love it.
Start by adding all of the alfredo ingredients to the Instant Pot. Cook on high pressure for 3 minutes. Release. Blend with a hand blender to create the sauce.
Cook pasta according to package directions and drain. Rinse pasta with cold water to prevent sticking.
Next, cook the kale in the microwave for 2 minutes.
Add kale to pasta and stir.
Add cauliflower alfredo to pasta and kale and mix well.
Serve and enjoy!
This Instant Pot lentil pasta with kale cauliflower alfredo is packed with nutrition that even the kids will love. Here are my tips for making this dish.
- Use any extra alfredo sauce as a dip with other vegetables like carrots, bell peppers, and broccoli.
- The alfredo sauce can be served on other vegetables, including broccoli and zucchini.
- If the alfredo sauce is too thick just add some extra milk a tablespoon at a time and mix well.
- Use quinoa pasta for a high-protein dish.
- Don't leave out the nutritional yeast because that's what gives the alfredo a cheesy flavor.
- This dish makes great leftovers and can be used for meal prep.
Frequently Asked Questions
Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for 2-3 days. Reheat in the microwave or slowly on the stovetop.
Yes! This recipe would be great for meal prep for easy and nutritious lunches. Store in single-serving airtight containers and reheat in the microwave when you are ready to eat.
More Instant Pot Recipes
If you like this Instant Pot lentil pasta with kale cauliflower alfredo then check out other Instant Pot recipes here on Green Scheme.
- Instant Pot Vegetable Curry - Ready in 30 minutes this dish is packed with protein, fiber, vitamins, and minerals.
- Instant Pot Ramen - This delicious recipe is one of the best foods to make in the Instant Pot.
- Homemade Instant Pot Vegan Yogurt - Much healthier than store-bought yogurt.
- Instant Pot Blackberry Jam - Using all-natural ingredients this recipe is so, so easy to make!
Instant Pot Lentil Pasta With Kale Cauliflower Alfredo
- 9.5 ounces box of green lentil penne pasta that is what I used, you can use any pasta that you like
- 4 cups water
- 5 cups minced cauliflower
- 1 tablespoon horseradish mustard
- 2 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups almond or soy milk
- ¾ cup nutritional yeast
- 6 cloves of garlic about garlic. I use packaged, pre-peeled garlic and it is less potent. If you use fresh from the bulb garlic, you may want to adjust and use less garlic.
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 7 cups baby kale
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Drain pasta and run cold water on it to prevent sticking. Set aside.
- Add all alfredo ingredients to Instant Pot and cook on high pressure for 3 minutes. Quick release pressure.
- Using hand blender or high speed blender, blend alfredo sauce until it is smooth. Adjust salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook Kale 2 minutes in microwave. This will result in al-dente, crispy kale.
- Mix pasta and kale. Add alfredo sauce.