Grilled Jackfruit Tacos. I know, you may be in an area of the country that is not ready for grilling, or for tacos. You are still fighting the dark, cold winter. If that is the case, you may prefer Grilled Jackfruit Chipotle Chili for dinner to warm you until spring arrives. Just know though, these tacos are something to look forward to. The combination of the smoky flavor of the grilled jackfruit and the tangy bite of the sauerkraut is perfection. Jackfruit is a versatile ingredient, and it dresses up well with herbs and spices. These tacos are vegan, gluten free and dairy free.
Grilled Jackfruit Tacos
- 1 can 15 oz organic jackfruit
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 6 corn tortillas
Bean Dip (if you don't have time or ingredients for bean dip, you can use prepared bean dip, or hummus)
- 1 can 15 oz black beans
- ¼ cup peanut butter
- ½ cup fresh chopped cilantro
- juice of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup sauerkraut
- ¼ cup sweet jalapeno peppers
- 1 avocado sliced
- 2 cups mixed greens
- Red pepper flakes
- Drain jackfruit and chop into bite size pieces.
- Toss jackfruit with salt, olive oil and smoked paprika in bowl.
- Grill (or pan stir fry) the jackfruit for five minutes on each side.
- Drain beans.
- Mix all ingredients in high speed blender.
Build Your Tacos
- Heat your tortillas on the grill or pan for 1 minute on each side
- Stack your taco on the tortillas in this order:
- Bean Dip
- Sliced avocado
- Sweet Jalapeno
- Sprinkle red pepper flakes
Tools of the Trade for this recipe:
George Foreman Indoor Outdoor Grill. Check out my complete review of this grill here, and take a look at all of the recipes that I have been grilling and why it makes your grilling indoors or outdoors, so much easier. This post contains affiliate links.
The key to this recipe is the grilled jackfruit. I originally purchased a new grill because I don't like heating the house up when I want oven roasted vegetables for my recipes when the weather is hot. Being a vegetarian and vegan blog, a lot of the recipes have vegetables. As it turns out, I use this grill for a lot more than vegetables. This is not a sponsored post, but this George Foreman Grill is the best I have ever used, and I have had grills for decades.
To see more recipes, go to Foodgawker Gallery.
Leave a Reply