Maple Sweet Potato Bread-vegetarian, gluten free, dairy free. Bread is always a challenge on a gluten free diet, but this sweet potato bread has all the flavor! Beautiful seasonal sweet potatoes, spices and maple syrup can only be described as "Yum"! Adding freshly cooked sweet potatoes to a lightly sweetened dough, will give you a moist and fluffy bread. You can serve this bread for breakfast, with a main course, or it is also perfect for holiday menus.
Ingredients For Maple Sweet Potato Bread
For your shopping list, you will need the following ingredients to make this bread:
- gluten free flour
- eggs (or egg substitute if vegan)
- maple syrup
- coconut oil
- sea salt
- sweet potatoes (cooked)
- pumpkin pie spice
- baking soda
Directions For Making Sweet Potato Bread
The baking pan in the video is from Sur la Table and is the Nordic Ware Wheat and Pumpkin Loaf Pan. You can also bake this bread in a 9x5 loaf pan.
Sweet Potato Bread
- 1 ¾ cup gluten free flour
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 eggs or for vegan 2 tablespoon ground flax seed and 6 tablespoon water
- 1 -½ cup baked sweet potatoes
- ½ cup coconut oil
- Mix all dry ingredients.
- Add eggs, maple syrup, and oil.
- Fold in sweet potatoes. Do not use mixer.
- Lightly grease 9x5 bread loaf pan with coconut oil.
- Bake at 350 for 50 minutes to one hour.