Instant Pot Butternut Pumpkin Risotto is a perfect dish for holidays or as a side dish any time of the year. It is slightly sweet and creamy, and when topped with toasted pumpkin seeds, is delectable. When you prepare it in the Instant Pot, it is ready in less than an hour, and crock pot cooking works as well. This yummy dish is vegan, gluten free and dairy free.
Tools Of The Trade Used In This Recipe:
I made this recipe in the Instant Pot 6 Quart Pressure Cooker. Check out my review of the Instant Pot, and see all the delicious recipes that I have made with this gadget that replaces 9 kitchen tools!
Instant Pot Butternut Pumpkin Risotto
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger minced
- 6 cloves garlic minced
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon red pepper ¼ teaspoon if you like your risotto mild
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 cups of Arborio rice
- 4 cups of vegetable broth
- 1 can of pumpkin 15 oz
- 4 cups of cubed butternut squash
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds toasted
- Set your Instant Pot to saute. Saute onions, garlic, ginger in olive oil. Add spices.
- Add rice, vegetable broth, lemon juice, butternut and pumpkin and mix throughly
- Pressure cook for 10 minutes. Let pressure release naturally. NR
- Toast pumpkin seeds in pan for 2 minutes
- After risotto is cooked and pressure released, remove pot and serve. Top risotto with toasted pumpkin seeds