In the dark of winter, there is nothing more comforting than a hot cup of soup. Butternut squash just makes it better. It's a total package of all health-promoting and warm-you-up goodness. But, in the summer, a cup of soup is still a great choice for a light meal, especially when it is this Butternut Squash Soup. Vegan, gluten free, dairy free.
Butternut Squash Soup
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 onion chopped
- 4 cups butternut squash
- 2 carrots shredded
- 1 potato sliced
- 1 can coconut milk
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- herbs and toasted sliced almonds for garnish
- Add all ingredients to large pot. Bring to a boil, and simmer for 2 hours.
- Garnish with herbs and toasted sliced almonds.
More recipes like Butternut Squash Soup that you might like:
For more photos, see Foodgawker Gallery