Summer is over, it is fall, back to school, we are tired, but, dinner still needs to happen. I was looking for something quick and healthy, and whipped up this Smoked Chickpea Kale Stirfry with four ingredients, in fifteen minutes. Yes, you read that right, fifteen minutes. Somehow, when it only took fifteen minutes, I expected it to be an average dinner. Not even. The smoked paprika and garlic combo gives this stirfry an awesome flavor and the Seeds of Change Quinoa, Brown and Red Rice also adds some spice sensation to make it a nutrition powerhouse that is filling and delicious. Vegan, gluten free and dairy free.
Smoked Chickpea Kale Stirfry
- I can of chickpeas aka garbanzo beans, drained
- 2 cups baby kale
- 1-½ cups fresh mushrooms sliced
- 8 oz cooked brown rice or quinoa. I used Seeds of Change Quinoa Brown and Red Rice
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon granulated garlic
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- Red pepper flakes
- Heat olive oil on medium high.
- Stirfry chickpeas and mushrooms for 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add spices and salt.
- Add fresh kale and rice and stir until all is heated.
- Sprinkle with red pepper flakes. Serve with large green salad.
For more recipe photos, go to Instagram
I was searching for a quick recipe that I had all the ingredients for...Wow! This is really good. I purchased smoke paprika previously and never used it. My family is transitioning to more vegan and everyone enjoyed this one!
Glad you enjoyed it! Smoked paprika is great mixed into a lot of different salad dressing. Try it on eggs too!
I just had this for dinner. Didn't have smoked paprika so substituted cayenne but also added some cumin and topped with fresh sprouts after cooking. Good thing I had bought kale yesterday. I also added fresh mined garlic 3 cloves and a flavorful but not hot pepper called pimento. Being in the Caribbean we get and use this a lot.
This was delicious and as I am a cancer patient I will be using more of your recipes so I can eat 80/20 alkaline.
Glad I found your site!!
That sounds delicious! I hope that eating alkaline helps you on your health journey:) Thinking positive thoughts for you.