Creamed Spinach Eggs is the perfect meal for breakfast, brunch, or for any time of the day. Start with a basic garlic white sauce, add fresh spinach, eggs and top with vegan parmesan. This delicious, creamy vegetable dish is easy, quick, and most importantly, uses ingredients that you probably have already. This dish is ready in 1 hour, and is vegetarian, gluten free and dairy free.
Creamed Spinach Eggs
Beautiful, delicious creamy spinach eggs are perfect for breakfast, brunch or any meal of the day. Vegetarian, gluten free and dairy free.
- 2 tablespoon vegan butter
- 2 tablespoon gluten free flour
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper
- 1-½ cup soy or almond milk
- juice of 1 lemon
- 3 cloves of garlic minced
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cups spinach or greens
- ½ cup chopped leeks or onions
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup vegan parmesan optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Grease 10.5" cast iron pan (or baking dish)with olive oil
- Melt butter in pot on medium heat.
- Add flour and mix until no lumps
- Add garlic, salt, pepper, lemon, red pepper
- Slowly add milk and continue to stir until flour is completely absorbed
- If you can't get rid of lumps, remove from heat and blend with small hand blender until you get a smooth white sauce
- Add spinach and leeks (onions) to white sauce
- Pour into baking pan or dish
- Make 4 small indentations in spinach mixture for eggs. Carefully crack eggs and place in hollowed out indentation.
- Sprinkle with vegan parmesan. (optional)
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes, or until eggs are cooked to your preference
Serving: 1gCalories: 398kcal
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
More recipes like Creamed Spinach Eggs:
For more photos, see Instagram