Breakfast Quinoa is a bowl full of goodness to start your day! When you cook the quinoa in the Instant Pot, it is ready in 15 minutes. Add your fruit, (either raw or cooked), top with papaya creme, and you will not believe how healthy and delicious your breakfast will be. Vegan, gluten free, dairy free.
Tools Used In This Recipe
In order to have this recipe ready quickly, I cooked the quinoa in the Instant Pot. As always, quick, easy and so fluffy. I can't live without this tool in my kitchen now that I have discovered it! You can see my review and many of my Instant Pot Recipes here.
- 1 cup organic quinoa
- 1 cup water
- 4 cups mixed fresh fruit, chopped into bite size pieces I used apples, cantaloupe, papaya, strawberries, banana, fresh coconut
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil optional if eating cooked
- 1 cup fresh papaya
- ½ cup soy or coconut yogurt
- ½ teaspoon tumeric
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- Add quinoa and water to the Instant Pot. Pressure cook for 1 minute and let pressure NR, naturally release. Remove quinoa from pot and place in bowl.
- I cooked my fruit on the grill for 4 minute on each side as pictured, but if you prefer, you can bake it. Place fruit on baking pan (or grill), brush with coconut oil and bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes. You can also eat the fruit raw if you prefer.
- Add your fruit to the quinoa and mix. Top with papaya creme
- Add all ingredients to blender. Blend until smooth. Drizzle on top of quinoa and fruit.