Zucchini Kale Lasagna. If you are taking big carbs like pasta out of your diet for some reason, (and there are many), it is great to have a pasta free lasagna that is as scrumptious and satisfying as an all you can eat pasta buffet….. ..without the calories, fat, carbs or gluten. With yellow squash, zucchini, kale, basil, onions, garlic, and red pepper for a kick, this Zucchini Lasagna is all you need.
Zucchini Kale Lasagna. Healthy greens to make lasagna without pasta. So delicious, it will be a favorite. Vegetarian, gluten free, dairy free.
- 2 green zucchini
- 2 yellow squash
- 2/3 cup minced onions
- 1 teaspoon red pepper
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 egg, of if vegan, egg substitute. I use Follow Your Heart
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 15 oz. ricotta cheese, or if vegan, your favorite vegan cheese, or vegan cream cheese
- 1 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1 cup Parmesan Romano Asiago cheese, of if vegan, your favorite vegan cheese
- 3 cups baby kale
- 25 oz Tomato Basil Pasta Sauce (or your favorite brand. If you are making this recipe gluten free, make sure your sauce is gluten free.)
- Preheat oven to 375
- Brush olive oil on bottom and sides of 8.5 x 11 pan and pour 1/3 of pasta sauce in bottom and spread evenly.
- Slice squash and zucchini with food processor and spread 1/3 of squash and zucchini in pan on top of pasta sauce. Sprinkle 1/3 of onions and red pepper and sea salt.
- Mix ricotta cheese, garlic, basil and egg in food processor and spread part of mixture on top of zucchini, squash layer.
- Repeat sauce, zucchini & squash, onions and red pepper and sea salt and ricotta mixture for a total of 3 layers.
- Cover top layer with baby kale and top with Parmesan Romano Asiago cheese or vegan white cheese.
- Cover and bake for 40 minutes, removing cover after 20 minutes
More recipes like Zucchini Kale Lasagna that you might enjoy: