Instant Pot Kale Tomato Risotto. The thing that I love about risotto is that it is so smooth and creamy, not like regular rice. In this dish, we combine the risotto with roasted tomatoes, chiles, kale, mushrooms, and the result is definitely delicious. Toss the risotto in the Instant Pot, and saute the vegetables either in a separate pan, or in the Instant Pot after the risotto is finished. Either way, you are eating deliciousness in 30 minutes! Risotto for breakfast? Eggs for dinner? Hey, why not. This dish is vegan, gluten free, dairy free, or vegetarian with eggs.
Tools Of The Trade Used In This Recipe:
I made this recipe in the Instant Pot 6 Quart Pressure Cooker. Check out my review of the Instant Pot, and see all the delicious recipes that I have made with this gadget that replaces 9 kitchen tools!
Instant Pot Kale Tomato Risotto
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 1 cup water
- 1 can 14 oz roasted tomatoes with green chiles (or roasted tomatoes)
- 2 cups fresh mushrooms
- ½ cup leeks chopped
- 2 tablespoon grapeseed oil or olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea sat
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves only
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup pine nuts
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- juice of 1 lemon
- ¼ cup of water
- 4 cups fresh kale
- Add rice, water and tomatoes to Instant Pot. Pressure Cook for 6 minutes. QR, quick release the pressure when done. Remove risotto and set aside.
- Add mushrooms, leeks and oil to instant pot, set on saute and stirfry for 3 minutes. (you can also use a 10" pan to stirfry the vegetables). Add salt, pepper and granulated garlic
- Add kale and stirfry for an additional 2 minutes
- Add risotto and stir well.
- Serve topped with pesto, or egg. (optional)
- Blend all ingredients in high speed blender
- Fry egg in pan and top with red pepper flakes and top Kale Tomato Risotto
More recipes like Instant Pot Kale Tomato Risotto:
For more photos, see Instagram