Instant Pot Blackberry Jam. I love recipes that have all natural ingredients, with no chemicals, additives or preservatives. For this reason, I like to make my own jam, sun dried tomatoes and fruits, and try to buy organic whenever possible. Honestly, making jam in the Instant Pot is so, so easy, only requires 4 ingredients and cooks for 2 minutes! Do you have fresh blackberries, maple syrup, lemon juice and flax meal in the house? That is all you need--the result is delicious, fresh, tasty and easy.
Homemade jam doesn't taste at all like jam from a jar! You can use this jam on a variety of breads and crackers, but I found that it is perfect on No Knead Bread from @pinchofyum. I have modified the recipe to make it gluten free, and seriously, this fresh bread and fresh homemade jam--well that is a match made in heaven. Vegan, gluten free and dairy free.
Tools Of The Trade Used In This Recipe:
I made this recipe in the Instant Pot 6 Quart Pressure Cooker. Check out my review of the Instant Pot, and see all the delicious recipes that I have made with this gadget that replaces 9 kitchen tools!
Ingredients for Blackberry Jam
There are so many things about this jam that I love, and needing only 5 ingredients is one of them. Instant Pot Blackberry Jam makes 16 oz of jam.
- fresh blackberries
- flax meal
- maple syrup
- sea salt
Instructions For Blackberry Jam
It couldn't be easier. Toss all of the ingredients into an Instant Pot safe bowl and stir. Add 1 cup of water to the IP inner pot, and place the bowl on the trivet and then inside the IP. Set the timer for 2 minutes high pressure, and let the steam naturally release.
After the berries are cooked, blend your jam with a hand blender until it is the consistency that you like--smooth or with berry bites.
Tip For Making Homemade Jam in the Instant Pot:
- This blackberry jam was so easy and turned out so well, that I wanted to make several other variations with other fruits. Do not try this recipe with strawberries:( Strawberries have a higher water content, so the jam, using the exact same recipe, was too watery and not thick enough to call jam. No worries though. Now, although we don't have fresh strawberry jam, we have a strawberry base to use in smoothies, and it is yummy. So, if you are trying other fruits, choose fruits with low water content.
- Because this jam has no preservatives, I don't make more than 16 oz at a time. It your family is small, maybe ½ of the recipe.
Instant Pot Blackberry Jam
- 2-½ cup fresh blackberries
- ½ cup maple syrup
- juice of 1 lemon
- 3 tablespoon flax meal
- 3 cups gluten free flour I use Cup4Cup
- 1 -½ teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon rapid rise instant yeast
- 1 -½ cups warm water
- This is No Knead Bread from Pinch of Yum
- Toss all ingredients into bowl that will fit in Instant Pot. Place on rack and into Instant Pot inner pot.
- Add 1 cup of water to bottom of Instant Pot inner pot. (Make sure it is the stainless steel inner pot, and not the electric heating element.)
- Set to pressure cook for 2 minutes.
- Let steam release naturally, NR. It takes approximately 10-15 minutes. Release steam and remove bowl from Instant Pot carefully.
- Using small hand blender, blend blackberry mixture until it is the texture that you prefer...completely smooth, or with some blackberries intact.
- Pour into jar and refrigerate, or freeze a portion.
- This recipe makes 16 oz of blackberry jam.
- Add water to yeast and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Add all dry ingredients to bowl and mix
- Add water with yeast to flour mixture and mix throughly
- Cover dough and let rise for 12-24 hours
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- After dough rises, form a large ball
- Place dough in baking dutch oven, with parchment paper placed on the bottom
- Cover dutch oven and bake for 30 minutes
- Remove cover and bake for an additional 15 minutes.
- Serve with jam