Spicy Vegan Ramen. We are all familiar with ramen, remember, in a box, full of chemicals and starch? It was a food that you ate when you were low in budget in most cases, although I know people who love this junk. This homemade from scratch ramen bears no resemblance to that ramen. This is a delicious, full of nutrition and flavor ramen that is vegan, gluten free and dairy free. You will never go back.
Spicy Vegan Ramen
- 1 can organic jackfruit 14oz
- 6 cloves of garlic minced
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoon chopped fresh ginger
- 2 tbsp. of sesame oil
- 3 cups sliced mushrooms
- 4 cups sliced leeks
- 1 red pepper
- 2 teaspoon sea salt
- 4 tbsp. chili sauce--the sauce I used was Maggi Sweet Chile Sauce Mild, so adjust to taste.
- 8 cups of organic vegetable broth
- 4 green onions chopped for topping
- 8 ounces noodles I used gluten free rice pasta
- Chop jackfruit, red pepper and garlic cloves and saute in olive oil. Add onion powder.
- Combine remaining ingredients in large pot and bring to boil.
- Add cooked pasta and simmer for 15 minutes on low heat.
- Add jackfruit and garlic and stir until all ingredients are combined.
- Garnish with chopped green onions.
More foods like Spicy Vegan Ramen:
For more photos, see Instagram