There is nothing like a good sit down, have time to enjoy it, breakfast. This smokey tofu breakfast scramble is ready in 20 minutes, and allows you to languish over your breakfast, while still enjoying a nutritious and filling meal that is not just carbs. Vegan, gluten free, dairy free.
Nutrition Fun Facts For Smokey Tofu Breakfast Scramble
Often used as a meat substitute, tofu is naturally gluten-free, has no cholesterol, and it is low in fat. It is a great source of protein, calcium, iron, and vitamin E, as well as the essential amino acids your body needs.
Sweet potatoes are very high in fiber and loaded with the powerful antioxidant beta-carotene, and vitamin A.
Bell Peppers or capsicums have high amounts of lutein and are beneficial for good eye health. Packed with numerous vitamins and minerals, they are high in vitamins A, C, E, B6, and K1 and fiber.
Smoky Tofu Breakfast Scramble
- 14 oz firm tofu sliced
- 1 cup minced onions
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups cooked sweet potatoes, cubed
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic granules
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 white potato, shredded
- 3 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- ½ sun dried tomatoes
- Saute tofu and onions in olive oil.
- Add spices.
- Add sweet potatoes, white potatoes and peppers and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle red pepper flakes if you like more heat in your tofu.
Other Breakfast Ideas That You Might Enjoy:
Maple Cranberry Brown Rice Pudding
Hot Chocolate Souffle (not vegan)
Breakfast Potato Egg Cups (not vegan)
Leave a Reply