Fall is coming, and we need quick and easy dinners that are also healthy and delicious. Broccoli Mushroom Tetrazzini is that, ready in 40 minutes, delightfully satisfying, tasty and healthy. For the pasta, I used Trader Joe’s Red Organic Lentil Sedanini (not sponsored), although you can use any gluten free pasta that you have on hand. The lentil pasta is a refreshing change from the standard flour pastas that I typically use– it actually tasted like lentils, and was yummy. This dish is vegan, gluten free and dairy free, of course.
Broccoli Mushroom Tetrazzini
- 3 cups of fresh broccoli, cooked 4 minutes in microwave (if using frozen, drain liquid after cooking)
- 2 cups fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 leek, sliced
- 3 cups almond or other nut milk
- 3 1/2 tbsp gluten free flour
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp granulated garlic
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 12 oz gluten free pasta (I used Trader Joe's Lentil Pasta)
- 1 tbsp tarragon
- 1/4 cup vegan parmesan cheese
- Mix in high speed blender:
- 1/3 cup brazil nuts
- 1/3 cup raw cashews
- 1/3 cup almonds
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp granulated garlic
- *There are many recipes for Vegan Parmesan on the internet. I don't claim that this is an original creation--these are just the ingredients that I use, to get the taste that I want in the Vegan Parmesan Cheese.
- Cook broccoli in microwave for 4 minutes
- Stir fry mushrooms and leeks in olive oil for 4 minutes in pan
- Cook pasta according to package directions
- Remove mushrooms and leeks from pan.
- To create sauce: Add almond milk, salt, pepper, granulated garlic and tarragon to pan.
- Bring to a boil.
- Scoop 1/2 cup of boiled milk and place in separate cup to create white sauce
- Mix almond flour into cup of milk and stir until lumps are gone.
- Return flour mixture to remaining milk in pan. Cook on medium for a few minutes until it thickens, stirring constantly.
- Add drained pasta, broccoli, mushrooms and leaks to 9x13 pan and stir.
- Add white sauce to vegetables and pasta and stir.
- Top with vegan parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes.
More recipes like Broccoli Mushroom Tetrazzini that you might enjoy:
Basil Pesto Pasta With Sun Dried Tomatoes and Asparagus
Raw Basil Pistachio Pesto Zucchini Lasagna
Thai Vegetable and Noodle Stir-fry
Vegetable Buddha Bowl For One
Quinoa Potato Corn Scramble With Grilled Pepper Chile Sauce
For more photos, see Instagram.