2 Ingredient Chocolate Muffins. Cooking is an activity that is often performed in a hurry, because people are hungry, and want to eat. Other times, it is cathartic, and something we do just for the joy of creating something delicious. Regardless of whether it is for love or hunger, we all want to make it easier to create good food. 2 Ingredient recipes are perfect for that.
With that said, it is still surprising that you can really make anything worth eating with only 2 ingredients. I have a recipe for gluten free pancakes that only has bananas and eggs, and the result is, really pancakes. In this case, this recipe is all over the internet for 2 ingredient chocolate cake or chocolate souffle, but I wanted small, bite size muffins. I think that is is also so important to let kids cook when you can, and this recipe is great for them to achieve a sense of accomplishment, without adults having to oversee the preparation of a complicated recipe.
So, here it is. The recipe for 2 ingredient chocolate muffins. This recipe is vegetarian, gluten free and dairy free.
Steps For Chocolate Muffins-2 Ingredients
- The two ingredients for these muffins are: 4 eggs, whites and yolks separated, and 2 cups of chocolate chips, semi-sweet melted in the microwave for 2 minutes.
2. Add egg whites to food processor with meat/metal blade. Process for 3 minutes on high.
3. Add egg yolks to melted chocolate, mixing one yolk at a time.
4. Add egg whites to chocolate yolk mixture and mix well.
5. Grease silicon cupcake pan with coconut oil and preheat oven to 320 degrees.
6. Spoon mixture into muffin pan making 10-12 muffins. Bake at 320 for 25 minutes.
7. Remove from pan. Optional: Sprinkle with sifted powdered sugar.
8. Serve with fruit and garnish with mint. Makes 10-12 muffins.
Chocolate Muffins-2 Ingredients
- 4 eggs, whites separated from yolks
- 2 cups chocolate chips-semi sweet, melted
- 2 tablespoon sifted powdered sugar optional
- ½ cup berries for serving optional
- Separate egg whites from yolks. Place egg whites in food processor and process for 3 minutes
- Melt chocolate chips in bowl for 2 minutes in microwave. Add yolks to chocolate, and stir, one yolk at a time. Add egg white mixture to chocolate mix and stir well.
- Grease silicon muffin pan with coconut oil. Preheat oven to 320 degrees. Spoon mix into muffin pan.
- Bake at 320 degrees for 25 minutes. Serve with fruit or optional sprinkle of sifted powdered sugar.