Sheet Pan Veggie Meal Prep. I have never really been diligent at meal prep.I often grill vegetables in bulk, and add them to different dishes randomly. I also will make salad dressings or creme sauces and use them throughout the week. Neither of these practices actually qualifies as official meal prep. This week, I was more deliberate in planning--I wanted a delicious lunch for five days, and set out to do that. The result was very weird.
The food turned out exceptionally well and I was pleasantly surprised that it only took 1 hour to make all of the dishes that went into the weeks' lunches. What was weird was how excited I have been all week, knowing that I have these delicious lunches already assembled, and ready to eat. Seriously, I could have had 5 Amy's frozen dinners in the freezer and it would have been the same end result, but, it wasn't the same. It was really cool, and here are the details.
I prepared a chipotle marinade, and roasted vegetables and jackfruit in the oven. I cooked lentil pasta, (packed with 13 grams of protein in each serving) in the Instant Pot and used pre-cooked Seeds of Change Quinoa With Brown Rice. I used pre-shredded cabbage for the slaw, and in one hour, done. Delicious lunches for five days that are vegan, gluten free and dairy free.
Sheet Pan Veggies Meal Prep
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ teaspoon chipotle seasoning I use Mrs Dash Southwestern Chipotle
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¾ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon lime juice or juice of 1 lime
- ½ cup fresh pineapple
- 4 cloves garlic
Veggies and Fruits
- 2 cups baby broccoli, chopped
- 10 cloves garlic
- 15 cherry tomatoes
- 1 red onion, sliced thinly
- 1 can 14.5 oz jackfruit, chopped into bite size pieces organic if possible
- 20 bite size pieces of fresh pineapple
- 2 cups quinoa/brown rice pre-cooked-I used Seeds of Change
- 12 oz package lentil pasta you will only use 3 cups of pasta
- 4 cups purple cabbage
- 2 lemons juice of 2 lemons
- 4 cups water for lentil pasta
- Place pasta and water in Instant Pot. Cook on high pressure for 3 minutes. Quick release when cooked. Note: Pasta and water create a lot of pressure. I lightly place a towel on the pressure valve when it is releasing to avoid having my kitchen sprayed with pasta water.)Drain pasta and run cold water on it to prevent sticking. Set aside.
Sheet Pan Veggies and Fruits
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees. Spread all fruits and vegetables on baking sheet lined with parchment or silicon baking mat. Drizzle with Chipotle Marinade.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Add all ingredients to high speed blender and blend. Drizzle evenly on vegetables and fruits on baking sheet prior to baking.
- After vegetables and fruits are cooked, distribute evenly among 5 meal prep containers. Add lentil pasta to 3 of the containers. Add quinoa/brown rice to 2 of the containers.
- Distribute shredded purple and green cabbage into 5 meal prep containers. Drizzle lemon juice on the cabbage to help avoid discoloration. At meal time, you may add a dressing of your choice, but don't do it in advance as the cabbage will get soggy.
Leave a Reply