Maple Butter Pumpkin Hummus
Maple Butter Pumpkin Hummus. Looking for a great appetizer for the season that is healthy? This maple butter pumpkin is definitely it--serve with vegetables, fruits, flat bread or crackers.
- 15 oz chickpeas or garbanzo beans, reserve aquafaba liquid
- 7 oz 100% pumpkin I used ½ can Libby's organic, gluten free
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup melted butter use vegan butter for vegan or dairy free
- 1 orange juice of 1 orange
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 4 cups fruits, vegetables or crackers for serving I used apples, carrots, celery and gluten free sweet potato crackers
Drain garbanzo/chickpeas and reserve liquid.
Add all ingredients to high speed blender and blend until smooth. I did not need extra liquid, but if you do, add small amounts of aquafaba liquid from beans.
Serve with fruits, vegetables, crackers or flat bread.
- If making this recipe dairy free or vegan, use vegan butter