When I started eating gluten free in 2008, there were not many options for gluten free food that were tolerable. Since then, I have discovered many delicious products that accommodate a gluten free diet, and that includes pizza. Admittedly, gluten free pizza is not as fluffy as traditional pizza, but we no longer have to avoid this favorite comfort food. We start with a tangy peanut butter sauce, top with a sweet pineapple tofu cream, add shredded broccoli, carrots, bean sprouts, roasted garlic and sliced pineapple. Finally, a drizzle of cashew cilantro dressing, and it is on. Thai Pan Pizza, gluten free, vegan, dairy free with no sacrifices.
As far as crust goes, I do not have my own gluten free crust recipe. You can use your own favorite gluten free crust, or use the recipe from The Minimalist Baker, like I did. It will take you approximately 45 minutes to prepare and pre-bake your crust and get it ready for your Thai Pan Pizza. You can find the crust recipe here.
To create your Thai Pizza, first, spread the peanut butter sauce to the edges of the crust. Next, sprinkle the red pepper flakes on the peanut butter sauce. Spread the pineapple tofu and add shredded broccoli and carrots, bean sprouts and scallions.
Add roasted garlic and pineapple slices. You can drizzle the cashew cilantro dressing either before baking, or after.
Bake for 30 minutes at 350. Enjoy!
Start with your favorite pizza crust, whether you prefer gluten free or gluten. This pizza has 3 different sauces/dressings which can be made ahead of time and refrigerated until you are ready to add vegetables and bake.
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 tbsp coconut aminos
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 tbsp red pepper flakes
- 1/3 cup water as needed to blend smooth
- 4 oz tofu
- 1/2 cup pineapple
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut milk or cream
- 1/2 cup garlic cloves, peeled
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup cilantro
- 1 cup soaked raw cashews
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp lime zest
- 1/2 cup shredded broccoli/carrots
- 1/2 cup bean sprouts
- 1/2 cup chopped scallions
- Blend all ingredients until smooth. (I use a Magic Bullet Blender so that the peanut butter doesn't get stuck in the blades of the Vitamix)
- Blend all ingredients until consistency of pudding
- Mix all ingredients and bake 20 minutes at 350
- Mix all ingredients in blender until smooth. This recipe makes 1 1/2 cups of dressing and you won't use it all on this pizza.
- With pre-baked pizza crust, spread peanut butter sauce, and sprinkle with red pepper flakes. Spread Pineapple Tofu, and add shredded broccoli/carrots, roasted garlic, scallions and bean sprouts. Place sliced pineapple pieces. Drizzle with Cashew Cilantro Dressing either before or after baking.
- Bake at 350 for approximately 30 minutes until crust is crisp and vegetables are done.