I love chai tea, and wanted to take that unique chai flavor and integrate it into other drinks. This Strawberry Chai Smoothie combines fresh seasonal strawberries, vegan cashew yogurt, nut milk and a combination of spices that create that yummy chai flavor. Light and fresh.
Yes, it is that time of year, and Santa needs some caffeine. These cappuccino muffins with mocha glaze will definitely add some energy to the tireless job that is Santa’s.
- 2 cups of gluten free flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup brewed coffee, cooled
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg (or for vegan, flax egg)
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1 1/4 cup raw cashews
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup brewed coffee
- 2 cups brewed coffee
- 3 tsp chocolate or cacao powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 4 tbsp. maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Blend all ingredients, (except chocolate chips) in food processor until smooth.
- Manually stir in chocolate chips.
- Pour mix into cupcake pan, lined with cupcake liners. Makes approx. 12 muffins. Do not overfill.
- Bake 30-40 minutes until done (test with toothpick)
- Add all ingredients to high speed blender. Blend until mixture is smooth like glaze.
- Blend all ingredients in high speed blender until smooth.
- Top with swirl of coconut milk, cinnamon stick and orange zest.
Since alcohol has no nutritional value, add some electrolytes, polyphenols, enzymes and probiotics by using organic, raw kombucha as your base. Yum and good for you?
16 oz Lavender Love Kombucha, 1 oz rum, 1 oz amaretto, 1/4 cup blackberries or strawberries and ice.
As summer approaches, it is time for a juice feast and a little detox day. These are my three favorite juices:
Starting the day out with homemade Matcha Chai Latte made with non dairy milk and a variety of spices will greatly increase the chances that it will be a great day. Making your own chai means that you can treat yourself whenever you need to, and it won’t be loaded with preservatives and sugar. Vegan, gluten free and dairy free.
Serve with Pumpkin Cranberry Bread.
NOTE: Make sure that you blend your ingredients in the blender BEFORE your latte. DO NOT put hot ingredients in a Nutribullet.