Yes, it is that time of year, and Santa needs some caffeine. These cappuccino muffins with mocha glaze will definitely add some energy to the tireless job that is Santa’s.
Cappuccino Muffins With Mocha Glaze
- 2 cups of gluten free flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup brewed coffee, cooled
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg (or for vegan, flax egg)
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1 1/4 cup raw cashews
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup brewed coffee
- 2 cups brewed coffee
- 3 tsp chocolate or cacao powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 4 tbsp. maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Blend all ingredients, (except chocolate chips) in food processor until smooth.
- Manually stir in chocolate chips.
- Pour mix into cupcake pan, lined with cupcake liners. Makes approx. 12 muffins. Do not overfill.
- Bake 30-40 minutes until done (test with toothpick)
- Add all ingredients to high speed blender. Blend until mixture is smooth like glaze.
- Blend all ingredients in high speed blender until smooth.
- Top with swirl of coconut milk, cinnamon stick and orange zest.
Since alcohol has no nutritional value, add some electrolytes, polyphenols, enzymes and probiotics by using organic, raw kombucha as your base. Yum and good for you?
16 oz Lavender Love Kombucha, 1 oz rum, 1 oz amaretto, 1/4 cup blackberries or strawberries and ice.
As summer approaches, it is time for a juice feast and a little detox day. These are my three favorite juices:
Starting the day out with matcha chai made with coconut milk and cinnamon. Going to be a great day!
I frequently stalk the local Goodwill store and thrift shops for things to reuse and repurpose, including glasses or dishes for my food and drink creations. I found this set of glasses at Goodwill, and had to make a healthy, alcohol free, drink to highlight their beauty.
- 8 oz acai juice
- 4 oz greek or coconut yogurt
- 2 tbsp hemp seeds
- 2 tbsp pomegrantae seeds
- 1 pc chocolate bark
- put yogurt in bottom of triangle shaped glass, as shown
- pour acai juice on top and drop pomegranate seeds in gently; slightly swirl with fork
- sprinkle hemp seeds on top