Looking for a dessert that you can make with whatever you have around the kitchen? This is it! If you have chia seeds and nut milk, you can whip up the chocolate chia pudding. Layer with whatever fruit you have, some coconut yogurt and top with the superfoods that you love. Healthy and sweet:)
Mango Chocolate Chia Dessert
- 1/2 cup chocolate chia pudding
- (1 cup almond milk, 1/4 cup chia seeds, 1 tsp vanilla powder, pinch salt, 2 tbsp cacao makes 1 cup)
- 1/2 cup pureed mango
- 2 kiwi
- 1/2 cup coconut yogurt
- figs and goji berries for topping
- chocolate cacao sauce
- (1/2 cup water, 4 tbsp agave, 1/4 cup cacao powder, 2 tsp coconut oil heated to boiling)
- kiwi slices
- chocolate chia pudding
- coconut yogurt
- top with figs and goji berries
- drizzle with chocolate cacao sauce
Chocolate Chia Raspberry Pudding
- 1 cup of almond milk
- 2 tblsp of maple syrup
- 1/4 cup of chia seeds
- pinch of sea salt
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup of raspberries or whatever berry you prefer
- Mix all ingredients in glass jar with a top. Shake for a minute and let it set for at least an hour.
- Voila! Delicious and nutritious.
My new favorite superfood is chia, and I add chia seeds to many recipes to increase the nutritional value of the dish. This chia pudding is perfect for dessert, or as the base for breakfast bowls. I mix the flavors up with different spices or different fruits for a low glycemic dish packed with fiber, protein, anti-oxidants and vitamins. For summer, you can freeze the pudding to create these refreshing pudding pops.
Want to make your own? You can find the pop makers here:
Rednolia Popsicle Molds and Ice Pop Maker with Attached Lids [Set of 6] Multi-color
I am now loving bowls. Breakfast bowls, lunch bowls, dinner bowls, dessert bowls. All the bowls. It is a neat way to combine many healthy foods into a delicious and nutritious (which are both essential…must be delicious and good for you) meal. For breakfast, I whipped up this chocolate chia pudding bowl, which starts with the amazing goodness of chia and adds a little decadent chocolate. Hey, adding decadent does not take away any of the nutritional value of the bowl. I add a little yogurt for protein, some favorite fruits and toppings, and this beauty emerged.