Jamaican Jackfruit With Quinoa. Jackfruit is a perfect meat substitute that gives a recipe flavor and substance. This Jamaican combo with sweet potatoes, pineapple and banana is sweet and delicious and is ready in under thirty minutes. Vegan, gluten free and dairy free.
Jamaican Jackfruit With Quinoa
- 1 can, 14 oz organic jackfruit, chopped
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp tumeric
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 bananas
- 1 cup chopped pineapple
- 1-1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 tbsp toasted pistachios
- 2 cups of cooked quinoa
- herbs for garnish
- Cook quinoa according to package instructions. Set aside.
- Cook sweet potatoes in microwave for 5 minutes
- Saute jackfruit and sweet potatoes in coconut oil
- Add salt, cinnamon, tumeric and orange juice and simmer until potatoes are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Remove jackfruit and sweet potatoes from pan with slotted spoon, leaving juice. Place jackfruit/sweet potato mixture on top of quinoa.
- Add pineapple and bananas to juice in pan and heat. Pour over jackfruit,sweet potato and quinoa.
- Top with pistachios and herbs for garnish.