I have to admit, whenever a get a new kitchen toy, I make all the things that I can with it. My newest gadget is the Veggie Bullet. (Not sponsored, just use it and like it). It makes zoodles, and more zoodles quickly, and as you know, zoodle gadgets aren’t always easy to use. Using zucchini and yellow squash, I made this Zoodles With Avocado Basil Pesto dish for lunch. The secret to the great flavor in this dish is the Pesto–see if you agree.
Zoodles With Avocado Basil Pesto
- 2 zucchini
- 2 yellow squash
- 2 red peppers
- 1 avocado
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1 cup fresh basil (leaves, not stems)
- 1/4 cup olive oil (or water for oil free option)
- 4 cloves of garlic
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp lemon zest
- 2 tbsp Toasted Pine Nuts
- 2 tbsp pomegranate seeds
- Spiralize the zucchini and yellow squash.
- Slice red peppers
- Blot all vegetables with towel to remove moisture.
- Blend all ingredients in high speed blender.
- Add to vegetable bowl.
- Top with toasted pine nuts and pomegranate seeds
Other recipes like Zoodles With Avocado Basil Pesto that you might like:
Rainbow Spring Rolls
Summer Salad With Cilantro Dressing
Red & Green Healthy Holiday Salad
Jackfruit Taco Salad
Super Alkaline Salad