It is cold, really cold. And as much as I would like a nice green salad, I can’t resist some soup…some hot and hearty soup. Here it is, Jackfruit Rice Tortilla Soup & Mango Salsa. This recipe was inspired by www.halfbakedharvest.com, and Tieghan’s Salsa Verde Chicken And Rice Tortilla Soup. I saw this soup on Instagram, and couldn’t stop thinking about how to create a vegan version. This is vegan, gluten free, dairy free, and soul warming.
Jackfruit Rice Tortilla Soup With Mango Salsa
- 1- 14 oz can of organic jackfruit
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 cup minced red onion
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 4 cups organic vegetable broth
- 6 cups Power Greens, kale chard and spinach
- 2 cups of cooked brown rice ( I use Seeds of Change precooked quinoa/brown rice)
- 2 cups mango salsa
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp granulated garlic
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup green onions
- 1 cup blue corn tortilla chips
- 1 avocado
- 4 Tbsp vegan yogurt
- Drain jackfruit and saute with onions in olive oil.
- Add spices.
- Add salsa, vegetable broth, greens and corn.
- Simmer for 25 minutes.
- Add cilantro and brown rice and stir.
- Serve in bowls and top with chopped cilantro, avocado slices, green onions, yogurt and blue corn tortilla chips.
Other recipes like Jackfruit Rice Tortilla Soup & Mango Salsa that you might enjoy:
Basil Pesto Pasta With Sun Dried Tomatoes and Asparagus
Raw Basil Pistachio Pesto Zucchini Lasagna
Thai Vegetable and Noodle Stir-fry
Vegetable Buddha Bowl For One
Quinoa Potato Corn Scramble With Grilled Pepper Chile Sauce
Tofu Cauliflower Kale Tacos With Lemon Mint Creme
Hearty Provencal Vegetable Soup With Pesto