Don’t have time for your bowl of oatmeal? These breakfast bars are full of nutty goodness with oats, almonds and dates. Forgive me if I sound like a nutrition geek/nerd, but in addition to all that good stuff, there are the benefits of chia and hemp seeds which include fiber, protein, Omega-3 fatty acids and various micronutrients. Yes, I did say these are vegan, have no added sugar, are gluten and dairy free. When you taste them, they seriously are better than processed store bars and can rival even the best dessert. This recipe makes 12 bars, or 12 mini muffins—or if you make bread, 1 loaf.
Nutty Breakfast Bars and Bread
For Bars Or Muffins
- • 8 dates, soaked in 1 cup water (preserve water)
- • 1 tsp vanilla
- • 1 cup gluten free oats
- • 1/2 tsp baking soda
- • 1/2 tsp baking powder
- • 1/2 tsp sea salt
- • 1 tbsp chia seeds
- • 1 tbsp hemp seeds
- • 1 banana
- • 1/2 cup almonds (raw)
- • 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- • 1/8 cup coconut oil
- • date water as needed--approximately 1/4 to 1/2 cup
- For Bread
- • DOUBLE THE ABOVE RECIPE and add:
- • Powdered Sugar
- • Pomegranate Seeds
For Bars or Muffins:
- 1. Place almonds in food processor and process
- 2. Add other ingredients and mix
- 3. Add date water if needed to mix all ingredients completely
- 4. Spray 8x8 square dish (or 12 muffin pan)with coconut oil
- 5. Bake at 350 for 25 minutes
- 6. Let cool and slice. Drizzle with cacao sauce or chips if desired.
- 7. Pour batter into loaf pan which has been greased with coconut oil. Bake at 350 for one hour.
- 8. After cooling, dust with powdered sugar and sprinkle pomegranate seeds on the top.