Spicy Vegan Ramen
- 1 can organic jackfruit (14oz)
- 6 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp chopped fresh ginger
- 2 tbsp. of sesame oil
- 3 cups sliced mushrooms
- 4 cups sliced leeks
- 1 red pepper
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 4 tbsp. chili sauce--the sauce I used was Maggi Sweet Chile Sauce, Mild, so adjust to taste.
- 8 cups of organic vegetable broth
- 4 green onions chopped, for topping
- 8 ounces noodles (I used gluten free rice pasta)
- Chop jackfruit, red pepper and garlic cloves and saute in olive oil. Add onion powder.
- Combine remaining ingredients in large pot and bring to boil.
- Add cooked pasta and simmer for 15 minutes on low heat.
- Add jackfruit and garlic and stir until all ingredients are combined.
- Garnish with chopped green onions.