Since alcohol has no nutritional value, add some electrolytes, polyphenols, enzymes and probiotics by using organic, raw kombucha as your base. Yum and good for you?
16 oz Lavender Love Kombucha, 1 oz rum, 1 oz amaretto, 1/4 cup blackberries or strawberries and ice.
Every family has their go to comfort food and one of our family favorites was grilled cheese sandwiches and tomato soup. Since going gluten free, I haven’t really had the opportunity to enjoy that meal, but decided it was time to make it happen. I combined gluten free bread, garlic olive oil spread, vegan cheese, red onions and avocado for a vegan, diary free, gluten free, new family favorite. Add your favorite chunky tomato soup, and it is just like it is 1965 again.
Garlic Olive Oil Spread
- 10 cloves of garlic
- 3 tablespoons of EVOO
- pinch of sea salt
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- 3 rings of red bermuda onions, thinly sliced
- 2 slices of Daiya Provolone vegan cheese
- 2 slices of gluten free bread
- Blend garlic and olive oil in small blender until spreadable consistency
- Spread on outside of each slice on bread
- Add 1 slice of vegan provolone, onions, avocado and second slice of provolone
- Brown both sides of sandwich (olive oil/garlic spread side)in pan on low heat and let cheese melt.
- If cheese is not melted enough for your preference, bake for a few minutes in toaster oven at 300 degrees.