I frequently stalk the local Goodwill store and thrift shops for things to reuse and repurpose, including glasses or dishes for my food and drink creations. I found this set of glasses at Goodwill, and had to make a healthy, alcohol free, drink to highlight their beauty.
- 8 oz acai juice
- 4 oz greek or coconut yogurt
- 2 tbsp hemp seeds
- 2 tbsp pomegrantae seeds
- 1 pc chocolate bark
- put yogurt in bottom of triangle shaped glass, as shown
- pour acai juice on top and drop pomegranate seeds in gently; slightly swirl with fork
- sprinkle hemp seeds on top
- 8 oz frozen mango
- 2 sliced frozen bananas
- 1/8 cup of soy, almond or cashew milk as needed
- 1/2 cup mixed fruit, blackberry, blueberry
- hemp seeds
- pomegranate seeds
- Make certain that your bananas are sliced before freezing so that they will blend well. Blend two frozen bananas in food processor, gradually adding milk as needed until consistency of ice cream
- Blend frozen mango until consistency of ice cream, adding water if needed
- Layer the mango in the bottom of the glass, and add and banana ice cream
- Place blackberries, blueberries, pomegranate seeds and hemp seeds on the top
Prefer your parfait in a bowl? Same ingredients, same great taste.
Not everyone in my family is on board with the plant based, gluten free, healthy diet. Accordingly, when we make food, we often have to make it healthy without sacrificing taste. This Chipotle Cashew Dip is the best! Recently, I had an informal get together with friends, and I made this dip. No one knew that it was vegan, gluten free and dairy free–all they knew was that they kept coming back for that tangy spicy flavor. The ultimate compliment? Asking for the recipe. This is a quick dish to make. Serve with tortilla chips or raw vegetables.
Continue reading “Chipotle Cashew Dip”
If you are taking big carbs like pasta out of your diet for some reason, (and there are many), it is great to have a pasta free lasagna that is as scrumptious and satisfying as an all you can eat pasta buffet….. ..without the calories, fat, carbs or gluten. With yellow squash, zucchini, kale, basil, onions, garlic, and red pepper for a kick, this Zucchini Lasagna is all you need.